At 11,15 (GMT +2) on 2018-06-11, we identified a bug that affected the expiration dates of the Timeneye accounts.
As a result, all subscriptions were wrongly set to “expired”, causing the users to receive a “Your subscription has expired” message and to be blocked from tracking their time and accessing the data.
As soon as we identified the issue, we took action to solve it.
– ~10:45 (GMT+2): Accounts expiration dates were reset due to a human error;
– ~11:15 (GMT+2): Discovered the issue and started an investigation;
– ~11:30 (GMT+2): Found the cause and temporarily reset all subscription expirations to “2018-06-11” (in order to give back access to all users while we work on the issue);
– 11:32 (GMT+2): Started restoring of database in order to set back the right expiration dates;
– ~14:00 (GMT +2): Database was restored, started the refunding procedure;
– 14:19 (GMT +2): Payments refunded and issue fixed.
We can confirm that all the correct expiration dates have been successfully restored.
Since the issue only affected our invoicing system, no data has been lost and all the time tracked by our users was kept safely inside the accounts.
While we were working, we realized that many users who saw the incorrect “your subscription has expired” message rushed to renew their subscription.
We’re terribly sorry for the confusion and we’ve issued a full refund to all payments that were made because of this issue.
(If you’re among the users affected and made a payment but didn’t receive your refund, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll correct right away)
We’d like to apologize to our users for any inconvenience we’ve caused.
All our paying customers have been granted one extra day on their Timeneye subscription.
Thank you for bearing with us. Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have or if you need any assistance.
The Timeneye Team