Time tracking is useful and effective when it works inside the tools you’re already using.
This guide will show you how to add time tracking to ClickUp with the Timeneye-ClickUp integration.
Check out the full list of Timeneye integrations here.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to synch ClickUp projects in Timeneye
- Tracking time inside ClickUp
- How to use your ClickUp time to run reports
Timeneye integration with ClickUp: how it works
ClickUp is an agile project management tool that offers a variety of features, including file sharing, goal tracking, reminders, and to-do lists.
With the Timeneye integration, you can import your ClickUp projects in Timeneye, and track time inside your ClickUp tasks.
This integration is very useful to those who use Timeneye as their main project and time tracking hub.
Step #1: Sync your ClickUp and Timeneye
From the Integrations section of the workspace, and look for the ClickUp icon.
Inside the ClickUp section, you can synch your ClickUp account with your Timeneye Workspace.
Linking ClickUp and Timeneye will let you import or link automatically your projects in Timeneye. So you won’t have to manually replicate them. Also, any new ClickUp projects will be automatically retrieved into Timeneye.
If you don’t want to use the synchronization, you can always do it manually from the Manage section.
Step #2: Install the Timeneye Browser Widget
Next, download and install the Timeneye Browser Widget that completes this integration.
From the browser widget icon, log in to your Timeneye workspace.
This widget adds a little Timeneye panel inside your ClickUp tasks:
Simply click on the button to track time.
Just like int the web app, you can type the time spent and save the entry (i.e.”2h30″) or start a timer and let it run while you work.
Step #3: run reports on your ClickUp time
You’ll find the time entries created with the integration on your Timeneye dashboard. The entries are marked with the ClickUp icon and the tasks’ name.
Now that you have all your time saved in the workspace, you can use that data to run reports on your ClcikUp projects and time, to see if you’ve been productive or not.
- You can run a Project report on one or more ClickUp projects:
- Or, you can export detailed timesheets of all the time entries you have tracked for these projects. You can do it by clicking the total time boxes in the reports, or by exporting the timesheets from the Entries section:
- You can also export all the time you have tracked for a single ClickUp task. You can do that from the Entries section, using the Notes and integration info field to look for that specific task.
Ready to add time tracking to ClickUp? Give this integration a try today!