It’s been a crazy month here at Timeneye HQ. We’ve rolled out our biggest update, got featured on Product Hunt and ranked among the best tech products of the day, started planning our biggest features and integration for 2016, and, somewhere along the way managed to fix some bugs and release another update.
The new version of Timeneye is dedicated to Alexander Graham Bell, the Scottish born scientist, inventor, engineer and innovator who is credited with patenting the first practical telephone.
What has changed and will remain hidden
After the latest major update, we soon realised the new version of Timeneye was highly appreciated and there was far more interaction than we expected. That is why we immediately started working on fixes and performances improvements the day after the release. Our Calendar Dashboard was laggy especially with Safari, that is why we have destinated more resources to it and it’s now working smoothly.
Our database has been completely renovated: its structure has been updated and we’ve added some new fields that will help us managing accounts and integrations better.
What has changed for us and for our users too
- The integration’s URL and text are now shown for entries inside the Activity Report.
- We’ve created new columns when exporting reports in CSV and PDF. The time format is now expressed in both total minutes and hh:mm.
- A new “X days left in trial” box has been added for every trial user.
- The remaining next.timeneye users will now find a section in the sidebar showing they are still using the BETA version of the web app. This section will automatically suggest switching to the stable version of Timeneye.
- Firefox users were experiencing some issues with the general layout of the app after the latest update. We have now fixed this issue and improved the general flow of the calendar too.
- Nonprofit organizations will now see a tiny and peaceful box located in the left toolbar. Remember guys, we’re always here to support you!
- Running timers will be now displayed in the tab title so you can always keep an eye on what you are working on at a glance. Along with this feature, we have also created a custom favicon showing that a timer is running.
We are already working on the next update which is due next Wednesday, April 6 and our roadmap for the next months is full of new features and new integrations. However, we always keep a spot for new suggestions and request! Don’t have cold feet and let us know what you’d like to see next in Timeneye!