There are different ways to manage projects. Whatever they may be, one big challenge is to make sure every project is on track.
In Timeneye, all projects are divided into phases to allow breaking down the work into smaller chunks, and help users to see clearly how much time and resources were allocated to each.
We’ve decided to make things easier for our users by adding a brand new feature in the Project section of Timeneye: the Phases tab.
Earlier on, in order to edit the phases of a project, our users had to access the Edit section of every project and edit them one by one. Managing several phases across projects and having consistency between phases could be tricky. This is where our latest update comes in handy.
The new Phases Tab
Managing phases inside timeneye is now straight simple:
4) You should see “Manage phase” dialog for all the phases with that name :
– on the left, the full list of Projects that include that phase: click on any project to edit it;
– an Active checkbox: this allows you to see at a glance which of the phases are still active. If you want to deactivate a phase for a particular project, simply un-check it and then Save. If the phase is not active anymore it won’t be possible to select it while tracking time.
– a Name and Phase Category column;
– a Time tracked column: click here to see all the time entries assigned to that phases. You’ll see an Entries log with all the data already filtered by projects and Phase.
What if you have to bulk edit phases?
5) You can always edit the names and categories manually one by one, OR
6) You can use the bulk actions: basically, you choose to apply the name or the phase category of the first row to all the other rows:
Make sure to head to the project sections to check out this new feature. Happy tracking!
New to Timeneye? Start tracking time for your projects and boost your productivity: sign up for a FREE account at timeneye.com